Sunday, January 29, 2006

What If....

Recently, I've been traveling down memory lane. While I'm not an expert on comics/super heroes/heroines, I do love the ones I love. For Christmas, I received the first season of one of the few good shows in the 80s--The Greatest American Hero. I love this show because to me, it has always been a metaphor for life: ordinary man gets super suit and is charged with being a superhero, only to lose the instructions on how to use the suit. Don't we all come into this life as potential superheroes, only to find that our "suits" have no instructions, so we're forced to figure out how to fly, become invisible, run really fast--you name it. I've always thought that this story would be great on the silver screen, so after brainstorming with my cousin (who loved the show as much as I did/do) and my boyfriend, we have come up with this cast together. My boyfriend contributed the actress for the role of Pam, my cousin recommended the actor for the lead role, and I contributed the actor for the role of Bill Maxwell, hapless yet gung ho federal agent.

I know you are thinking, 'Jeez, Stephanie, don't you have better things to do with your time?' Maybe. But when I heard that for the last three or four years other people have been thinking about making a film version of this but to no success, I had to come up with some cast members. Rumors were flying a couple of years ago, that they were going to cast Owen Wilson in the lead role, and while I like him, I feel he is a bit too smart alecky for that role. An as you know--a good cast can get money for a film to be completed. So, without further ado, I give you The Greatest American Hero 2006....

Zooey Deschanel as Pam, Zach Braff as Ralph Hinkley,
and Steve Carell as Agent Bill Maxwell


Can you picture it?


© Stephanie Lewis, 2006

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can just picture it now. Although we do need to come up with an interesting plot line (perhaps wacky evil genius character) to carry us through two or three sequels too.