Thursday, May 10, 2007

An Original Poem by Me

As promised recently, I've decided to share a poem that I wrote with my seventh grade mind. The class at the time had to create a poetry journal that included freeverse/unmetered poems, freeverse/metered poems, sonnets, limericks, Haiku, and cinquain poems by various poets as well as our own original work under the same categories. I included work by the following poets in my journal: Carl Sandburg, William Carlos Williams, e.e. cummings, Ogden Nash, Robert Frost, Shiki, Basho, Daigaku Horiguchi, Okura, Shakespeare, and Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.

My Freeverse/Unmetered Poem.....


Spring Garden


In the spring garden
Where the tulip grows
In the path beneath,
A girl is walking.

© Stephanie Lewis, 1985


* Look for more of my seventh grade poems in the future.

1 comment:

timboscifi said...

For a seventh grader, that is darn good!!!!